The Mossley and Carrbrook Schools’ Partnership (MCSP)
Welcome to our Mossley and Carrbrook partnership information pages. We are very proud of our partnership and the work we do together to support the children across the entire community.
The Mossley & Carrbrook Schools’ Partnership (MCSP) of primary schools and Mossley Hollins High School is a unique collaboration between all the schools in local area. The inception of the partnership began in 2013 and it had two distinct aims:
- To ensure that the leaders of each school worked together to guarantee that every school in the area was at least good in terms of its educational provision from ages 3-16;
- To ensure that the schools, the staff in the schools and the students in the schools worked and engaged in activities together where this was for the good of the town and village.
Both aims have guided the remarkable work that the schools have done together since. The membership is as follows:
- Buckton Vale
- Micklehurst All Saints
- Milton St John
- Mossley Hollins High School
- St George’s
- St Joseph’s
The partnership works together on a remarkable range of educational and enrichment opportunities for both students and staff. It is led at a strategic level by a Steering Group of Governors (with a representative from each school in the partnership). The leadership of the MCSP is chaired by the Headteacher at Mossley Hollins High School. The Headteacher of each school is a leading member of the partnership.
The school has a current focus on very distinctive priorities as listed below. There is a great deal of good news about the huge range of joint activities being undertaken and the benefits they are bringing to each school, the community as a whole and to pupil outcomes.
The MCSP offers the children and staff of Mossley and Carrbrook so many educational opportunities, a few of which are listed below:
- MCSP JOINT WORK ON ATTENDANCE - there is no more important measure of a child’s success at school than 100% attendance which is why the schools operate a common approach to attendance monitoring and intervention work with families
- SCHOOL-TO-SCHOOL PEER REVIEW - judging and improving the quality of provision across the sector and between the schools. Two recent examples have been a look at improving the teaching of reading at ‘beyond the expected level’ and a focus by our primary experts at the quality of MHHS Year 7 provision.
- MCSP OLYMPICS
- MCSP BRASS BAND - players from each school are taught a brass instrument and the junior band comes together to perform, often accompanied by the senior brass band
- MCSP BAND PERFORMANCE
- MCSP MUSICAL EVENING - involving ensembles, the brass bands and choral singing
- MCSP SPORTING COMPETITIONS AND EVENTS
- THE JUNIOR AWARD SCHEME (a mini-Duke of Edinburgh for Years 5-8)
- HOT MATHEMATICS - for the most able mathematicians in each of the partner schools, taught at a very high level by a specialist mathematician at Mossley Hollins
- MCSP SPANISH - depending on the primary school, from years 3-6 students from the primary schools are taught Spanish each week by specialist Modern Languages teachers from Mossley Hollins
- YEAR 3 SPANISH IMMERSION DAY
- TEACHER TRAINING IN PHYSICAL EDUCATION from the specialists and coaches commissioned by Mossley Hollins
- MCSP STAFF DEVELOPMENT AND PLANNING HUBS in special needs, English, Mathematics, Science, Humanities, the Arts and Sport
MCSP - The Mossley and Carrbrook Schools Partnership
MCSP Improvement Plan 2019 to 2021 FINAL
See attached – There will be a new one soon so this can be updated
If you wish any further information please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com