Our school admissions are managed by Tameside Local Authority.  Details of how to apply for a place in reception can be found HERE.

If you are seeking a place for your child in Year 1 to Year 6, please contact Mrs Brook in the school office, email; admin@bucktonvale.tameside.sch.uk or telephone; 01457833102.


How to Apply for a Reception Place in Primary School

‚Äč‚ÄčTameside residents may use the Tameside Citizen Portal to apply for a Reception place however if you live outside of Tameside but wish to apply for a Tameside School, you should apply through the council website where you live.

In Tameside, children start school in the September of the school year in which they will become 5 years of age, which means most children are 4 years old when they start school. For entry in September 2022, children born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018 are eligible to start school in September 2022.
It is very important to read the Starting Out book
 which explains the admission process in detail.  It provides advice on what you need to know before you make an application and how places are allocated including the admission policies for each school. For example, some voluntary aided schools ask for additional information to support your application, such as proof of church attendance or a baptismal certificate.  Similarly, if you are applying for schools outside of Tameside, please check with the individual school or local authority if you are required to provide any additional evidence. 


Apply for a Reception Place Online  Click here to make an application



How to Apply for an In-Year School Transfer

In-year transfers are applications for children wishing to move school during the school year.

If you want to transfer your child to a school in Tameside, you must apply through Tameside Council even if you live in another area. If you want to apply for a school in another area, you will need to contact that area for further details of what you need to do.

Before you make your application, you should discuss the impending transfer with your child’s current or previous school. Please visit the School Transfers web page for more information.

Apply for an In-Year Transfer Online Click here to make an application